Friday, June 15, 2007

A Minor Delay


Kristi had a CT scan yesterday to examine a superficial lump on her throat. At first they thought it was a clot, but the ultrasound done on Weds showed that it wasn't. The CT didn't produce any new insight, so she had a "fine needle extraction" (FNE) biopsy today. It looks like it's an abscess. While this is no call for alarm, it will delay her consolidation, which was scheduled for Monday. Dr. Shami is fairly sure that this isn't associated with Leukemia; most likely it was caused by the Hickman central line. We won't know for sure till all the tests come back.

I finally got around to processing her CT data today. The image to the right is a Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP) of yesterday's scan. The radiologist and I get along great now, which allowed me to get the absolute raw data. As far as volume datasets go, this is nearly perfect, clean, isotropic data. Sadly, K has a few oldtimey fillings that caused some beam hardening. I'll probably have to fix this by hand so that she doesn't look like a snaglepuss when I render her.

1 comment:

Kp's Mom said...

I hope the beam hardening won't be a problem getting into jeans.