Sunday, August 19, 2007

Days +8,9,10

I have been able to talk to K several times in the last few days. She has the pain fairly well under control now. This includes both a constant drip and a PCA (button). She's having some side effects from the Cyclosporin. This is an anti-rejection med that can only be mixed with water and dextrose. Apparently, there is something else in it that makes her hands and feet burn. Thankfully, they have a special lotion to take care of it. She's been getting regular infusions of platelets and blood too.

I wish I had more details or pics. It's hard being far away. Maybe in the coming days, K'll be up to doing some blog posts.

1 comment:

Jeremy Archuleta said...

Just dropping a little note and checking to see how you're doing. That head-shaving thing...it's not so bad for ya b/c you're cute and not sunburned like your's truly. Here I am complaining about my burned noggin' and you get people to rub lotion on your feetsies. sheesh! :-P

Take care...I'll bring ya back somethin' from France...like a baguette or somethin'.

-J