Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Friday!

Well, today was another day of education, but first I got a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis which meant a big hearty breakfast of contrast. I really take advantage of the anti-nausea drugs, since that stuff is pretty dang gross. However, the drugs make me really sleepy, as Liz and Miriah can attest to - thanks for visiting, sorry I couldn't stay awake! Finally I got up at 1pm and had some lunch and then went downstairs for the TBI consult. More side/after/long term effects, but all in all it doesn't sound too bad. It will be tiring, but it won't hurt. So that starts 8am Tues the 31st. I'm starting to feel better about this whole thing.

My other news is that I had to get another IV today. I don't know if I told ya'll I got a new one last night, they only should be in 4 days, and my first one had to go. Last night's insertion wasn't too bad, but by the end of today it started to leak as in fluid was coming out of the hole the needle went in -YUCK. So, I got a new one from an Airmed Nurse, which is a better bet that they can get one in me. It hurt, but now it's quite comfortable. I now think that the lovanox shots are not as bad as IV's, but they still are pretty lame. Well, I'm about to head to bed. I've finally got prescribed sleeping pills, rather than having to take pain pills for sleep, so that's really great. Tomorrow should be pretty quite, hopefully I'll get some work done!

Sorry I don't have pictures, but all they would be of is the thousands of prick marks on my arms and tummy, and you wouldn't want to see that!

No comments: