Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meetings, Meetings, and a Slightly Higher Count

So today was filled with Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) education. I had a visit from a nurse who gave us a full overview of the process, a pharmacist, dietitian, social worker, and financial guy. It's great to get all of this information, but MAN is it overwhelming. All of the stats and possible side-effects, any thing bad that could happen. I'm a little freaked out by the whole thing. Of course, there were the same things with the induction and consolidation chemo, and I did really well. As Han Solo said, "Never tell me the odds." Anyway, the treatment regimen is going to be 6 days of total body irradiation (TBI) and two days of chemo therapy which is just a one-hour drip each day. Then a day a of rest and I'll be infused with the new cells. Then, it's recovery for the rest of the time. When they decide to release me, it'll be based on my blood counts as well as my ability to eat, I guess it's common to have eating problems like nausea and mouth sores.

In present news, I'm feeling good, and haven't had a fever in a a couple days now. My sore throat is also almost gone, and my arm doesn't hurt any more, but I can still tell there is some clot there. My white blood count has risen to .68, once it goes above 1.000 I can go home! The doc thinks that might be Monday. I'm hoping it's sooner! Wish me blood cells!

1 comment:

ton said...

sending you lots of blood cells, baby.
oxox