Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's Raining



So, the weather outside is crazy, and one nice thing about being up here is that I get a really good view of it. So here it is. On another note, I'll let you know what my days up here have been like!

My day starts off between 6 and 7 with a blood draw. I'm starting not to mind these as much, depending on the phlebotomist and the type of needle they use, it can be pretty close to painless. Plus, if it does hurt, it's over in just a couple minutes. Next, I get a visit from the new nurse on duty, answer the same old questions about pain and bm's and any other complaints, and then get the chest/heart/lung/tummy exam with the stethoscope. The aide takes vitals at various times throughout the morning. Then around 9am it's time for meds, my anitfungal (by mouth) and the really stingy, bruisy, I'm complaining now, blood thinner shot. My folks have been nice enough to get up early and arrive here around this time too. Of course I'm not out of bed or anything, it's still 9 in the morning! So I lounge and eat some breakfast and lounge until the doctor's do their rounds anytime before 11. About this time I'm feeling gross enough to get out of bed and into the shower. Next is the nuepogen shot, which, like the blood drawing I'm starting to not mind. It can sting a little if the nurse pushes too hard, but it goes away instantly. The blood thinner stings for like 5 more minutes! Anyway, I get another blood thinner shot around 9 and an anti-fungal, and they are also drawing blood at night to check on my platelet levels. They are giving me antibiotics too through the IV, but since I don't get poked, I don't really pay attention to their scheduling. So there it is, 5 pokes a day, the 1st, 3rd and 5th which aren't so bad, and the other two which seem to have become the rant of this post. I hope you like the photo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kristi...

Thank you for the update. We've been thinking about you and wondering how things are going. The rain will be great to get some of the smoke out of the air!
August 1 is coming up fast...this will all be behind you soon, Kristi...we love you!!!

ton said...

cool photo! thinkin' about you, babe. lots of love.