Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Kp's first blog entry!

"So, let me report to you my day so far:

Woke up and ate a tomatoe, sausage, mushroom, and cheese omelet with hashbrowns, applesauce, a bowl of rice crispies and 2 orange juices. Oh, and I drank the Ensure cause it was chocolate. I then laid around until rounds, which was the same ol same old. My white blood count is still hovering around the same place, but Aaron said that's about where they expect it to be. Next. I got on my bike for a 1/2 hour, and got a little sweaty. It was fun, but trainers are always much more boring than the real thing. Then I showered, and got my Hickman dressing changed along with all of the caps of my Hickman. Then we all went outside and sat in the sun for a couple of hours. I've started to read the statistics book, but Miriah, Austin, Roni and Chelsea all came by in intervals distracting me from the fascinating first chapter of the stats book. Austin brought by a "survivorship notebook" from Lance Armstrong's Live Strong Foundation, it's really huge and has places to write down pretty much what you've already been doing. I think there are some other survivor type resources, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet.

Oo, one funny thing, when I got back from outside, I went to use the bathroom, and there were 2 hats in the toilet! Like no way down, if you know what I mean, I had to call the nurse, but Alex (the early morning Doctor resident) came in to check on me and I asked him about it and all he could say was that he didn't order it. I then had the nurse come in, and she told me they were trying to take samples, except that all that's come back negative so they really didn't need a sample. My problem? I just wanted to pee and didn't know what to do with the toilet paper. Well that question got the 2nd hat removed, and so for now it looks like I don't have to save my duty too. Yeah!

Now, I think I might have a quick snack of Checks Mix, and then get ITK compiled on this machine.

Hope that's a good update!"

...Actually, I think she meant for me to summarize. But why? It's classic Kp.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I had to read the bit about the two hats a couple of times before I got it. Thanks for sharing! :-)

miriah said...

you ARE just like lance! i bet you get the lance body too. i'm so envious. i can't wait for the post-chemo kristi to drag me up some hills!!!

BettyJo said...

yeah, i had to read that twice too. No hats in toilets for me, thank you very much! I hope you have a great weekend with Joe and Tonya. :)

I'll be hoping that it warms back up there in SLC!!

-Betty