Monday, April 30, 2007

Mondays aint so bad.


Today is K's first full day on the outside. It feels like she just got out of prison. We have already done some shopping, banking, pinball, librarying, etc... Last night was her first uninterrupted sleeping session in over a month. I can really tell the difference. Right now we are waiting for a "home health service nurse" to stop by. Kristi keeps the Hickman till well after the transplant. She was trained to maintain it at the hospital, but she's still getting someone to do it for her (at least for now). We had a seriously scary moment the other day. I came in from the patio with my sunglasses on, and tripped over her lines!! It gave both of us a start. Luckily it didn't tug on the Hickman. Though it could have potentially yanked it out! We we were freaking out a bit. The nurse said that it happens. Sometimes old people just pull them out. "Direct pressure" is all that's needed.

Oooo, goody. We are going shopping for cruzer bikes!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Welcome back to the real world Kristi!

Unknown said...

I love the hat! You are the cutest!

knolla said...

Yay! Kristi's back!

Did you ever get to see "Reefer Madness the Movie Musical"?

Unknown said...

Congrats Kristi!

Did I see that you live in Artspace? Looks like I'll be your neighbor...

-Will

BettyJo said...

Hey Kristi-

I am so glad to see so many photos where are smiling big! You look great and I bet mady is so happy for you to be home. I'm sure she was also a bit worried- and last time I checked cats can't check up on the blogs like the rest of us! :) Did you end up getting a "cruzer"?

Thinking of you...

Betty