Thursday, April 26, 2007

The New Fever


Since Kristi had a "new" fever yesterday, she got yet another anti-thing added to the two anti-biotics that she currently gets. This one is anti-fungal. She reports that it has hallucinogenic side effects. Apparently reading Cosmo is more um... exciting now. Unfortunately, she has a stomach ache. The protocol for this, in her condition, is an MRI with contrast. She is currently waiting for her turn. I have asked her to get the data. Wouldn't it be neat! The image here is a mouse abdomen MRI taken in a 7-Tesla scanner at Duke university. ...Actually it sounds like she is getting a CT scan with contrast. No problem, we can render that too! Kristi is my little science project.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I tried to get the data of my CT for rendering as well, but unfortunately, they typically have fairly large spacing between slices. But then again, you could probably do some fancy interpolation to fill in the blanks.

Austin said...

all i remember from the time i had a CT with contrast was that i was puking every 20 minutes for 24 hours straight and that there was a little green pacman face on the machine and soothing computerized female voice telling me when to breathe and when to hold my breath. too bad i don't have the data from that, it'd be neat to check out my intestines...i think