Sunday, April 8, 2007

What can you do?

It is a privilege to be here taking care of Kristi. I feel like it is one of the most important things I have done in recent memory. Everyone has been so supportive. Everyone has asked what they can do. Kristi is a simple girl and she doesn't care for clutter (I am not helpful in this area). She doesn't really need much, and what she does need I just run home and get it for her. For those who can afford it, a financial contribution is the best way to help out. We haven't even started thinking about the cost of this treatment. I couldn't possibly put a number on it. I only care about getting her well again. You may notice a "Donate" button to your right. This is connected to Kristi's PayPal account. It's a secure and safe way to deal with money on the internet. At some point I might set fund raising goals and be more proactive, but for now this is it. If you were thinking of spending an hour or two helping Kristi, consider what you make in an hour or two and contribute that. As tacky as it is asking for money, I have no problem at swallowing my pride for her. For less than the cost of a cup of coffee a day....

If Kristi is too specific for you, consider non-profits like Lance Armstrongs LiveStrong organization.

2 comments:

Steph Felts said...

Hey Joe
I am sure people will donate online to help Kristi out. If you don't get a big response, maybe we can hold an auction or have a benefit barbeque one night to encourage participation. We have a back yard and could buy some chicken and potatoe salad.
Love
Steph

Renee' said...

Joe- I would love to help out in anyway we can as well. A benefit BBQ is a great idea, I would love to help put some food together and get everyone thinking about Kristi and get a donation pot going.

Renee'