Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Plan

We know now that Kp needs a transplant, for sure. We also know that it is a big deal. I believe her chances will only be improved by making sure she is in TOP shape for it by "training" in the time between her release from here and the transplant (several months). If someone wants a chance to offer a unique donation, here's what I think we need:
  1. A nutritionist to optimize her diet.
  2. A personal trainer to bring her into peak physical condition.
  3. A life coach to keep her focused on the goal and moving forward.

My aim is work with her closely over the next few months to make sure she reaches the goals of "perfect" health. However, I am really not trained in any of the previously mentioned professions. So I want to assemble the Kristi Super Health Team. Basically, I want to have her ready to run the Iron Man before she goes in.

5 comments:

Cecily said...

I think there is a Nutritionist up at Huntsman. I think there may also be a personal trainer.

Joe said...

I was thinking of the time after she gets out of here.

Cecily said...

I thought that the people I talked to up at Hunstman told me they were with me for life(even if I went for more/different treatment) elsewhere. She could probably still meet with the Nutritionist/Personal trainer there even after she get out, couldn't she?

Joe said...

That's a nice ideal, but they don't work for free, nor do they have abudant extra time. The physical therapy room is very clinical. Besides, she isn't really in physical therapy, she need physical training.

elif said...

i have a grat life coach for you. www.soulsalt.com. her name is lyn and she is fantastic. i spoke to her the other day about your situation and she said for you to contact her.