Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So Sleepy

Today, Kristi started showing some real fatigue. Doctor Shami says that it's normal and expected. She really is in the critical phase of her treatment. This means that it's time to start thinking carefully about visits. It is important that she have the support of her friends, but it is equally important to protect her fragile immune system. I am not sure what the right policy should be for visits, but definitely call me before coming over. And, do not plan on visiting if you are at all sick. Next week, I'll have to start returning to Albuquerque to teach class and deal with the real world. My plan is to spend Tuesday through Thursday there, and return to SLC as soon as possible. Kristi is grateful for all of the attention and love she has received since this ordeal began. Consider how easy and low-risk it is to make a call and let her know you are thinking about her before you stop by. However, don't get the wrong idea, she needs you, but let's coordinate and space the visits out to minimize stress and risk.

Here's a shot Kristi took to pay me back for all the sleepy time shots I've taken of her.

1 comment:

Kniss said...

Good morning you two. God I love this blog and I wish that I could be there. Sounds like everything is moving along normally. I had no Idea that the chemo process was so short. All unpleasant side-effects aside. And I also wanted to let you guys know that if you ever need to get away when this is done to rest just give me a ring, we have and extra room.
I feel like getting you a kitten or something!!! It would probably just get tangled in the octopus anyway...
Love you.