Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vitals.

Kristi's blood work is looking good. She's still loosing weight, now at the weight she was when she was admitted. Although it seems to work, she doesn't recommend the leukemia diet to anyone, for any reason.


Her fever curve is great so far. She hasn't had a fever since the first day.


Just for fun, I did a correction of the blood work numbers to take into account the change in bodymass due to fluids. The idea is that additional fluids will dilute the quantities and percentages measured in the CBC. The dotted curves show the corrected numbers. This fixes the increasing hematocrit numbers in the raw CBC. With the correction, they are flat or slightly decreasing since the last transfusion.


I am creating these plots in Excel. Yawn, could be fancyier about it, but I am sort of lazy.

6 comments:

miriah said...

yay for losing weight!!! now, if only we could get back to the weight we were when we were admitted to grad school....

Unknown said...

I think I like the Kristi with (healthy) WBC better, but I'll take her sans WBC...

Hi Kristi!

-will

Kniss said...

Wooohooo!!! no more octopus, blood looking good, water weight on the down slope, on a trainer bike!! Rock!!

Good job on wrangling Joe into the puppy too! Don't let him be animal shy like Dad...that just led to mice living in our desk drawers and hamsters living under the fridge. ;)

Congrats on getting through this part!!

Much love.

BettyJo said...

Hey K,

Yeah, I'm glad to see you aren't attached to the octopus anymore! I'll do what I can to get on the bone marrow registry here in Germany. I found out from a doctor in Seattle that the registry here very quick and would also put me in the US registry automatically.

I am thinking of you often!

-Betty

Gordon said...

I'm really really happy to hear that things are going well (given the circumstances...). Rock on!

Joe: out of curiosity- what is making all the plots (WBC, fever) that you're putting on the blog? This is so healthcare2.0, its cool.

Amy Gooch said...

Kristi! Thinking of you.. looking forward to seeing you in May... let me know if you want anything from the PacNorthwest...or Canada... maple syrup perhaps?

Joe: lazy is obviously not your problem.. I can't believe all the information you are posting! we love it.

Amy, Bruce, & Zoƫ